1. Garlic is known for its powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties, making it a great choice for boosting the immune system and fighting off infections. The compounds found in raw garlic, such as allicin, have been shown to help fight off bacteria, viruses, and other harmful microorganisms.
2. Raw garlic is also known to have a positive effect on cardiovascular health. Studies have found that consuming raw garlic regularly can help lower cholesterol levels and blood pressure, which can reduce the risk of heart disease and stroke. Garlic contains compounds that help to reduce inflammation in the body and improve the health of the blood vessels.
3. Garlic has also been shown to have anti-cancer properties. Studies have found that consuming raw garlic can help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer, such as stomach and colon cancer. This may be due to the compounds found in garlic, which have been shown to inhibit the growth of cancer cells.
4. Eating raw garlic can also help with digestion and gut health. Garlic contains prebiotics which helps to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the gut, which can improve overall gut health and help prevent conditions such as constipation and diarrhea.
5. Garlic is also known to have anti-inflammatory properties, which can be beneficial for reducing pain and inflammation in the body. It can help to reduce symptoms of conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis. Studies have also suggested that consuming raw garlic can help to reduce the risk of developing conditions such as Alzheimer’s and dementia.
It’s worth noting that consuming raw garlic can cause bad breath and stomach upset in some people. Also, if you are on blood thinning medications, it’s important to speak with your doctor before incorporating large amounts of garlic into your diet as it can interact with the medication.