INEC Recruitment 2023: Application Form Portal, Requirements, and Guide. See the latest INEC recruitment update 2023 as well as everything you need to get the job.
Are you on the lookout for a career opportunity in the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) and wonder how you can know about the agency’s recruitment for 2023? We’ve got you covered in this post. This post contains all the information you need about the recruitment process, requirements, application guide and many more guides you must know about INEC in Nigeria.
INEC is an Election Management Body (EMB) in Nigeria established by law in accordance with section 15, part 1, of the third schedule of the 1999 Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria with a mandate to conduct free, fair and credible elections independent of political parties or government influence. For consolidation of the democratic system of government that Nigeria practices, there must be periodic elections which is the most important element of democracy. If the elections conducted in a democracy must make sense, it has to be free and fair else it will be a waste of time and state resources hence the need for an agency like INEC to fill in the cap.
Although the independence of INEC is somehow doubtful, there are obvious evidence that the agency has impacted the electoral process in Nigeria in some positive way as there has been an improvement in the electoral system over the years. INEC as an institution has gone through a series of changes in and structure but its functions continue to remain the same.
See also: 90+ List of All Political Parties in Nigeria
What Are The Responsibilities of INEC?
The responsibilities of INEC as stated in section 2 of the Electoral Act 2010 (As Amended) include:
- Registering voters for elections
- To very and register political parties and their candidates for elections
- Preparation for the Elections: this includes recruitment of officials, usually ad-hoc staff, preparation of ballot boxes, preparation of ballot papers and other materials, a publication of voters register and candidates for elections, the actual conduct of the elections, declaration of election results, and auditing the account of political parties.
Administrative Structure of INEC
- A chairman who is appointed by the president through nomination and confirmation at the National Assembly. INEC Chairmen are usually University professors in active service. The current chairman of INEC is Prof. Mamood Yakubu who has been in office since 2016.
- One member from each state of the federation
- 5 more members appointed on merit
- State Electoral Commissioners
Career Overview: How it Feel to Work with INEC
There are two categories of workers at INEC namely;
- Permanent Staff: who are career public servants and are always on duty even when it is not election season.
- Ad-hoc Staff: none permanent staff who are usually casually recruited from the Civil Service or teaching field in political season i.e. during preparation and conduct of an election
Training: INEC has a standard organized and coordinated training package for all its staff. Even ad-hoc staff often undergo structured training before election. But the career Public Servants who work with INEC have the privileges of undergoing regular training, through seminars, workshops and symposiums to sharpen both their administrative and political skills. INEC staff are among the smartest and intelligent group of citizens because their job revolves around dealing with the most intelligent, modernized, civilized and of course crooked set of people – politicians.
Nature of the Job
From my experience both as an ad-hoc staff of INEC in the past and as an agent of a political party in 2019, INEC job is synonymous pressure, stress, intimidation, and if care is not taken scandal. Although elections are periodical events, the season is often very intense in pressure. The pressure come mostly from political parties, government officials and powerful individuals who hold stakes in the elections. Politicians can do anything humanly possible to achieve their aim and promote their interests ranging from bribery advances to the electoral officers, intimidation, maneuvering and even murder in some extreme cases.
However, if you have interest in working with INEC, you shouldn’t be scared by the negative aspect of the job. Every job has its own shortcomings. After all there are enormous benefits and privileges to enjoy as INEC staff namely: (a) control: during elections, INEC invariably become the most powerful institution in the country in that every citizen including government and the security agencies work according to the dictates of the commission. (b) Security: INEC officials are always the center of security focus during and after elections.
All in all, with a well-observed ethical standard you can have a very rewarding career with the electoral body just like your counterparts in other organizations, parastatals, and agencies.
INEC Salary Structure
Earnings by INEC employees differ according to grades, ranks or seniority in service. It also depends on whether you work as ad-hoc or serve as a career staff. Meanwhile, below is a breakdown of salary range for ad-hoc career staff of INEC.
INEC ad-hoc staff Salary structure are as follows:
Supervisory Presiding Officer (SPO) which covers grade level 10 – 14 is between N1, 060, 833 – N2, 101, 600. A Presiding Officer (PO) which covers Grade level 7 – 9 and Registration Area Centre (RAC) manager Grade level 7 – 9 fall within the above salary range. Registration Area Technical support (RATECH) fall within that range too.
Salary Structure for INEC Permanent Staff
These the salary of INEC permanent staff per year
School Leavers (GL 04 – 05) earn between N376, 194 and N497, 000
Diploma Certificate Holders 9GL (06 – 07) earn between N638, 133 – N961, 577
Graduates (GL 08 – 10) earn between N799, 421 – 1,174,395
Directors (GL 11 – 14) earn between N1, 503,149 – N2, 101,600.
Other benefits also apply aside from salary.
INEC Recruitment Process
INEC as an agency has a standard recruitment procedure. Although the INEC recruitment portal, the channel through which applicants submit their applications for 2023 is currently closed, it is expected that the agency will soon be recruiting massively given the plan of INEC to register millions of Nigerians in preparation for 2023 general elections.
INEC recruitment for 2023 is going to be open to Nigerian graduates from across the country at Grade Level 08 and above.
INEC Recruitment Requirements
According to the INEC recruitment portal, the general requirements for INEC recruitment applicants are listed below:
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizen by birth
- Applicants must possess Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Sciences and Humanities.
- Applicants must have the National Youth Service Corps, NYSC Discharge or Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate
- Applicants must present medical certificate proving physical and mental fitness
- Applicants must present a certificate of origin signed by chairman or Secretary of his Local Government Area
- Must not be older than 35 years of age
- Executive Area Registration Officer (I)
- Graduate Registration Officer II (Registration Area Officer)
- Professional Experienced Hire
- Management Consultant.
How to Get Employment in INEC
After all set and done, the following tips can guarantee increase your chances of being employed by INEC:
- Show your passion for the job
- Provide every information required
- Fill the form by yourself and never be in a rush
- Be among the first 25 applicants because the earlier the better as millions of Nigerians will be applying
- Pursue only that to ensure concentration and avoid mistakes
- Follow instructions strictly
INEC is one of the most interesting government ting agencies to work within Nigeria with an attractive salary structure and many other benefits both for its ad-hoc staff and career employees. Working with INEC makes one intelligent and places one among the most politically sophisticated citizens because of the nature of the job which revolve around dealing with all manner of people and politicians.
INEC Recruitment Form – How to Apply
Although INEC is not currently recruiting, its recruitment portal for 2022 will soon be opened and all the requirements and recruitment guidelines plus success tips have been duly covered in this blog post. Following them means an increase in your chances of being employed by the commission either as ad-hoc or permanent staff.
The application form will be released on the official INEC website: www.inecnigeria.org.
It doesn’t matter if you are already in government employment as INEC prefers to employ Civil Servants and Public Servants as ad-hoc staff. However, if you are already in government employment, forget about a career in the commission.
So, get ready to forward your application when the INEC recruitment portal opens ASAP. Good luck.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
Leave a Reply