National Identity Management Commission recruitment 2023 guide for job seekers. See all the information you need about the NIMC recruitment 2023. Here you will see the official NIMC recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
NIMC Recruitment Guide 2023
Nigerians interested in working with the National Identification Management Commission (NIMC) have a good news to take from this post. In this post, I am going to show you the way as regards the recruitment process of the Federal Civil Service Commission.
Everything important you need to know about the commission have been comprehensively covered in this post. You will certainly learn about the NIMC, Its career overview, ranks, salary structure, recruitment process, requirements, the application process, application guide, and success tips.
See Also: DPR Recruitment
About the National Identity Management Commission
Established in 2007 by Act No. 23, the National Identity Management Commission, NIMC is an Agency of the federal government of Nigeria. NIMC has the mandate to establish, own, operate, maintain and manage the National Identity Database in Nigeria.
The NIMC achieves its mandate by registering persons, assigning unique National Identification Number (NIN) and issue General Multipurpose Card (GMPC) to those who registered successfully and are Nigerian citizens as well as others legally residing in the country.
The commission’s mandate extends to fostering the orderly development of an identity sector in Nigeria, issuing of National Identity Smart Card to every registered person 16 years and above, provide secure means to access the National Identity Database so that an individual can irrefutably assert his/her identity as a Nigerian anywhere in the world among other functions.
According to the Commission’s website, NIMC Core Values include promptness, Transparency, Integrity, Professionalism. The commission is headed by a Director-General.
See Also: FRSC Recruitment
Career Overview at NIMC
A career with the National Identity Management Commission could be both tasking and interesting as given pressure on the commission to enroll millions of Nigerians to the National Identity Database, though it may reduce overtime. NIMC deploys its personnel into various departments to enforce the policies below:
- Regulations on the mandatory use of the National Identification Number (NIN)
- Regulations on access to registered information in the National Identity Database
- Regulations on registration of persons and contents of National Identity Database (NID)
- Harmonization and integration policy.
Presently, working condition in NIMC is not that impressive as workers are agitating for better working condition that even almost resulted in a strike action. But things could soon change as authorities have learned ear to their plights.
In order to successfully carry out its functions, NIMC is structured into the following departments:
- Research/ISRM DGM
- Budget Department
- Strategy and Programme Office
- Inspectorate and Enforcement Depart
- Quality Assurance Department
- Procurement Department
- Corporate Audit Department
- Corporate Communications and SERVICOM department
- Security Department
See Also: Federal Teachers Recruitment
Other units of the commission’s operations include:
- Business Development and Commercial Services Unit
- Card Management Services Unit
- Corporate services Unit
- Enterprise Services and Network Infrastructure Unit
- Finance and Investment Management Services Unit
- Human Capital Management Unit
- IT/Identity Database Management Unit
- Legal Services Unit
- Operations Management Services
Governing Body of the National Identity Management Commission
Given the delicate nature of the National Identity Management Commission job, a Governing Board is set up by the Federal Government to supervise its activities. Below are the officers and organisations that constitute NIMC Governing Board:
- A part-time Chairman
- Director General/Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
- A representative of the Independent National Electoral Committee (INEC)
- A representative of the National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
- A representative of the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC)
- A representative of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS)
- A representative of the National Pension Commission (NPC)
- A representative of the Nigeria Police Force (NPF)
- A representative of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC)
- Representatives of all relevant Law Enforcement Agencies and other government Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs)
See Also: Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
Ranks in NIMC
- Chairman who is a political appointee
- Director General (DG)
- General Manager (GM)
- Deputy General Manager (DGM)/Head of Department (HOD)
- Assistant General Manager (AGM)
- Deputy Director
- Assistant Director
The above are ranks for the management team of the National Identity Management Commission as available on the website of the commission. Administrative and other ranks are not available but will certainly be in line with other government agencies.
NIMC Salary Structure
The specific salary scale of NIMC staff is not readily ascertained as information about that is unavailable on the commission’s website and elsewhere upon my research. However, an analysis on mysalaryscale.com estimates an average salary of NIMC employees to be from N77, 728 and above for staff at various levels from Graduate Grade Level O8.
Nonetheless, from my extensive research in other federal government agencies, NIMC salary structure will be similar or close to what other MDA’s in the country earn which is approximately the same with the above figure.
NIMC Recruitment Process
The recruitment process for NIMC is online. Candidates are to register online via www.nimc.gov.ng with valid email and phone number.
See Also: NDE Recruitment
NIMC Recruitment Requirements
Candidates seeking to apply for NIMC jobs must meet the following requirements to qualify:
- Bachelor’s Degree (B.Sc.), Higher National Diploma (HND), Nigeria Certificate of Education (NCE), and Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from recognized institutions;
- West African School Certificate (WASC)/National Examinations Council/NECO with four (4) credits passes including English and Mathematics at one (1) sitting;
- General Certificate of Education (GCE) O’Level with four (4) credits passes at one (1) sitting or five (5) credits passes at 2 sittings including English and Mathematics;
- National Identification Number (NIN);
- Be of good character;
- Be free of any criminal case and must not have been convicted of any crime
How to Apply for NIMC Jobs
NIMC Recruitment Status – N/B: according to a red alert announcement on the NIMC’s website, the commission is not currently recruiting, despite rumours going round town that NIMC recruitment portal is open for applications. That is the handy work of scammers to extort money from unsuspecting members of the public. So, be warned. Whenever the portal is open, you can follow the procedure below to apply;
- Visit the NIMC application form portal via nimc.gov.com with your registration detail
- Click the “Apply” icon to access the application form
- Fill the online application form with authentic information
- Upload your credentials
- Submit and print a copy
See Also: Customs Recruitment
You have seen the National Identity Management Commission recruitment process, Requirements for qualification, application guide, and success tips for getting the job. Although the Commission is not currently recruiting, we promise to update this page as soon as the NIMC recruitment portal opens.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
Leave a Reply