Department of Petroleum Resources Recruitment 2023 Guide – See all the information you need about the DPR recruitment 2023. Here you will see the official DPR recruitment portal, application requirements, and a step-by-step guide on how to apply.
This article is particularly written as a guide to the recruitment and application process for Nigerians interested in the Department of Petroleum Resources (DPR) jobs. In this post, we provide detailed information about the DPR, career overview of the agency, ranks, salary structure, current recruitment status and success tips on how to go through the application process and possibly get the job.
About the Department of Petroleum Resources, (DPR)
The Department of Petroleum Resources, (DPR) is a petroleum regulatory agency of the Nigeria’s Oil and Gas sector. Established in 1988, the DPR mandate is to ensure the sustainable development of Nigeria’s Oil and Gas resources across the value chain for all stakeholders through effective regulation.
DPR target in the regulation is to entrench a world class professionalism, accountability, and transparency. The department’s vision according to its website is to be a leading regulator in the Oil and Gas sector. Department of Petroleum Resources is a technical arm of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources.
The agency has the following functions over the Downstream and Upstream Oil and Gas sector of the Nigerian economy:
- Supervising all petroleum industry operations being carried out under licenses and leases in the country
- Monitoring the petroleum industry operations to ensure that they are in line with national goals and aspirations including those relating to flare downstream and domestic Gas supply obligations
- Ensuring that Health Safety and Environment regulations conform with national and international best Oil Field practice
- Maintaining records on petroleum industry operations , particularly on matters relating to petroleum reserves, production/exports, licenses and leases
- Advising Government and relevant government agencies on technical matters and public policies that may have impact on the administration and petroleum activities
- Processes industry applications for leases, licenses and permits
- Ensure timely and accurate payment of rents, royalties, and other revenues due to the government
- Maintain and administer the National Data Repository.
See Also: FRSC Recruitment
Career Overview in the DPR
Being one of the agencies regulating the Nigeria’s Oil and Gas sector, working with the DPR would be very rewarding and beneficial. The DPR is structured into many departments with heads. The departments are as follows:
- Corporate Services Department
- Planning/Budget Department
- Downstream Monitoring and Regulation Department
- Gas Monitoring and Regulation Department
- Finance and Accounts Departments
- Safety Health and Environment Department
- Upstream Monitoring Department
- Basinal Assessment/Lease Administration department
- Engineering and Standards Department
The above departments or units within the Department of Petroleum Resources are run by heads who report to the National Director. The DPR is headquartered in NO. 7, Kofo Abayomi Street, Victoria Island, Lagos and has zonal offices in Abuja, Port Harcourt, Warri, Kaduna, Maiduguri and Oweri and field offices across the country. The current Director of the Department of Petroleum Resources is Engr. Sarki Auwalu.
The Department of Petroleum Resources, (DPR) is the principal Oil and Gas Industry regulating agency in the country. Therefore, like other regulating agencies in the country, the DPR is structured into many department and units to perform its duties properly. The above listed are the departments under DPR.
See Also: Federal Teachers Recruitment
Ranks in the Department of Petroleum Resources Department
- Director/Chief Executive Officer
- Deputy Director
- Assistant Director
Other ranks in the agency cannot be found upon research. However, it is certainly going to be something similar to other regulatory agencies in the country such as the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and control.
DPR Salary Structure
Information or data for the salary scale of the Department of Petroleum Resources employees is not readily available except for the entry level and Industrial Trainee (IT). According to data found on recruitmenmentbeam.com, the salary structure for an entry level employee, at Grade level 08 in the DPR is N133, 333. A lowest ranking employee in the agency who is an Industrial Trainee (IT) student newly graduated from the higher institution of learning earn between N33, 000 and N40,000 per month.
Although the salary scale of Mid-level and senior level employees in the Department of Petroleum Resources cannot be ascertained, despite serious research effort, it cannot be compared to other government agencies, especially given the cash flow in the Oil and Gas sector it regulates.
See Also: Federal Civil Service Commission Recruitment
DPR Recruitment Process
Interested persons are to logon to the DPR recruitment portal via www.recruitment.dpr.gov.ng and register with valid email and phone number that will serve as login
DPR Recruitment Requirements
Interested candidates must meet certain requirements to be eligible for application in the DPR. Thus, applicant must:
- Be Nigerian by birth
- Have National Identification Number (NIN)
- Scanned copy of NYSC Discharge/Exemption certificate
- Scanned copy of higher institution certificates
- Scanned copy of Senior School Certificate (SSCE)
- Scanned copy of passport Photograph
- Scanned copy of necessary supporting documents
How to Apply for DPR Recruitment
- Visit the recruitment.dpr.gov.ng
- Fill the application form
- Upload the scanned documents
- Submit and printout the reference number which will be quoted in all future correspondences.
As it is the characteristic of responsible and sensitive organisations to the teaming job seekers, the DPR through a red ALERT on its website warns that the agency is not currently recruiting. Meanwhile, we promise to update this page as soon as the recruitment portal opens for applications.
See Also: NDE Recruitment
Tips for Successful Application in the DPR Recruitment
- Apply early. At list be among the first 50 – 100 candidates to apply
- Adhere to instructions
- Provide authentic information in the form
- Prepare for the aptitude test/interview
- Be passionate about the job.
The recruitment process of the Department of Petroleum Resources has been covered in detail in the above article. I have taken the time to prevent a detailed analysis of all the information and requirements you need for a successful application process of the DPR job.
Moreso, I have covered areas like a brief history of the agency, career overview, ranks, salary structure, application guide, and success tips. Also, stay connected as we will update this page immediately the Department of Petroleum Resources announces its next recruitment exercise.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
Leave a Reply