Every Accountant aims at becoming a Chartered Accountant because that’s the best way to gain recognition in the accounting world. And to become one, you need to register with an Accounting body.Information Guide Nigeria
If you want to become a Chartered Accountant in Nigeria, then you need to know how to register on the ICAN Portal.
The Institute of Chartered Accountants (ICAN) is one of the most respected professional bodies in Nigeria, and their certificates are highly respected.ICAN Portal
Did you know that it is not only accounting graduates who are qualified to enroll with the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria? The fact is, anyone can actually become a Chartered Accountant. However, you must first meet the basic requirements. See more details as you read this post further.Samsung galaxy s7 price in Nigeria
In this article, we will explain the following;
- ican portal atswa
- ican registration portal
- ican exam
- ican membership list
- ican membership number check
- ican financial status
- ican student affairs
- www ican portal org professional exemption
ICAN Exam Update and Quick Steps to Check ICAN Financial Status
What is ICAN?
ICAN stands for Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. It is the founding and prominent member of International Federation of Accountants IFAC, the body that regulates the Accountancy profession worldwide.How To Respond To Email Introduction
ICAN is the biggest accounting body in Nigeria. It was established in 1965 to help determine the necessary skills and knowledge needed for anyone to become an accountant. The body is also responsible for establishing and maintaining the registry of associates, fellows, and accountants in Nigeria.Npower Recruitment
Over the years ICAN has grown into a very large community of professional accountants with over 38,000 certified chartered accountants engaged in different sectors of the Nigerian economy.
See Also: 10 Most Popular Chartered Accountants in Nigeria
The ICAN Website
The ICAN portal is the official portal of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. On this portal, you can perform several operations like ICAN registration, check requirements, register for membership, fee renewal, check management team, view upcoming programs and conferences, etc. See official ICAN websites below:JAMB Form
See Also: How To Become An Accountant in Nigeria
How to Become an ICAN Member
Want to become an ICAN member? Then see procedures on how to register and become a member below.
- Visit any commercial bank in Nigeria and pay the ICAN induction fee (N90,000).
- Make sure you get the receipt for your payment from the bank before heading to the ICAN website.
- Click on new registration on the portal and enter the numbers of your deposit slip into the required fields
- You will receive a generation PIN and serial number
- On the registration page, enter your student registration number, with the serial number and PIN you just obtained.
- Fill the form displayed on the screen and upload a good passport photograph
- Click on submit to submit the application form.
- Print out the completed application form and get your referee to attest his/her signature on it.
- Remember to attach the required supporting documents
- Take the form and supporting documents with your evidence of payment to the nearest ICAN office.
See Also: Accountant Salary in Nigeria
ICAN Portal Requirements 2022
According to ICAN, every Nigerian graduate is qualified to sit for its certification examination regardless of class or degree. However, you must have the following before you can apply:WAEC Result
- A degree certificate from a tertiary institution (University, polytechnic, college of education, etc.)
- You must have credits on five subjects in your O’level result.
- A passport photograph.
ICAN Portal Registration Procedure 2022
From the information above, it can be seen that not only accounting students can apply for the ICAN certification. However, there will be few variations in the cost of the program, duration, and number of courses to be taken by non-accounting students. But everyone must enroll as follows:
- Applicants must visit any of the bank branches as stipulated on the ICAN portal and pay the required fees to obtain a PIN
- Login to the ICAN website and click on Student Professional Registration
- Fill the registration form
- Scan and upload your passport photograph
- Click on submit
- Print out a copy of the application form from the portal and sign it
- Enter the ICAN membership number, name, and phone number of your referee or sponsor.
- Attach a photocopy of your credentials and summit alongside the application form, signed passport photograph, and payment receipt.
- Submit the form to the ICAN head office in Lagos..
See Also: ICAN Past Questions
ICAN Approved Professional Student Certificates
The following are the approved certificates or qualifications which are also accepted by ICAN for aspiring professional students.
- The final examination of the following bodies: Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria, Association of Accounting Technicians, U.K, Association of National Accountants of Nigeria (ANAN), Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, former Corporation of Secretaries, Association of International Accountants, or Chartered Institute of Bankers of Nigeria.
- Executive Management Accountancy (Federal Treasury Training School, Stage III)
- The final exam of the Accounting Technicians Scheme, West Africa (ATSWA).JAMB Result
Check and Confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira today Pounds to Naira today
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
Leave a Reply