TESCOM Recruitment – Are you a citizen of Oyo state in Nigeria and interested in the TESCOM recruitment by the state government to fill about 18 teaching and non-teaching positions in the state’s secondary schools? This post is for you. Even though you neither know about TESCOM nor its recruitment process, this post will take you through the entire process from registration to final stage of screening. All the requirements and application guidelines are what we promise to cover in this post. In case you don’t have any idea what TESCOM is all about, let’s start from there.
What is TESCOM all about?
TESCOM is the Post Primary Schools Teaching Service Commission of the Oyo state government which is responsible for the recruitment and placement of teaching and non-teaching staff for secondary schools in the state. The recruitment exercise for 2023 in TESCOM is not in progress. TESCOM Recruitment
The commission has a mandate from the Oyo state government to identify needs and recommend recruitment and proceed to carry out the exercise of filling secondary schools across the state with required teaching and non-teaching staff. The recent TESCOM recruitment cut across all the subject areas covered in the state secondary education curriculum.
Read Also: NNPC Recruitment 2023/2024 Check Application Form Portal
Caperer Overview at TESCOM
There are openings for the TESCOM jobs in virtually every discipline or subject area including Agricultural Science, Accounting, Basic Technology, Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, CRK/IRS, Economics, English Language, French, Geography, Government, Guidance and Cancelling, History, Mathematics, Physical and Health Education and Physics. There are also openings for the category of non-teaching staff in the following areas: Day/Night Watchmen, Clerical Officers, Assistant Executive Officers (general duties), Assistant Executive Officers (Accounts), Secretaries, and Computer Operators.
Generally, teachers have the following mandate:
- Instruct through lectures, illustrations, discussions, and demonstrations of the subjects in areas of their discipline
- They set examples of leadership roles and replicate same in students
- Teachers set disciplined standards of behavior and application of procedures
- They set, administer and grade assignments tests, and exams to students for proper assessment of students’ learning progress
- They keep student registers.
- Perform other duties that may be required by the employer
In addition to these primary duties, teachers also perform many other non-statutory mandates to the communities where they teach and the government that employ them as occasion demand. They personally serve as symbols of discipline and good behavior in the community.
Read Also: Access Bank Plc Entry Recruitment
Salary Structure for TESCOM Staff
Remuneration for Teachers across the country is perked at the National Minimum wage structure from the lowest level to the highest grades. Below is a detailed breakdown of the salary structure for Teachers in Oyo state:
Entry level salary for Oyo State Post-Primary School employees according to an analysis on mysalaryscale.com is N37, 000 while that of Senior/experienced level Teachers is about N68, 000. There are other benefits though attached to the basic salary earnings above.
Apart from salary, teachers also have other benefits in the service, being the reason why some people find fulfillment in the teaching job. Jamb Result
Recruitment Requirements for TESCOM Jobs
Just as the positions are in 2 categories, the requirements for qualification to apply is also in 2 categories namely: teaching and non-teaching positions.
Read Also: TESCOM Recruitment Portal
Requirements for Teaching Positions are as follows:
- National Certificate of Education (NCE)
- Bachelor of Arts (Education) – A(ED)/ Bachelor of Arts (B.A.)
- Bachelor of Science (Education) – B.Sc.(ED)/ Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.)
- Bachelor of Education (B.ED) from recognized institutions
- Primary School Leaving Certificate/Testimonials
- Secondary School Certificate with a minimum of five credits including English and Mathematics
- NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate
- Birth Certificate (National Populations Commission) or Affidavit of Declaration of Age
- Local Government Identification
- Evidence of change of name if applicable
Requirements for Non-teaching positions include:
For Day/Night Watchmen:
- Applicants must be mentally and physically fit
- Applicants must possess primary six First School Living Certificate
For Clerical Officers:
- Applicants must possess Senior School Certificate/General Certificate of Education with five credits O/L in WAEC, NECO and other relevant examination bodies in not more than one sitting and six credits in two sittings
For Assistant Executive Officers (General Duties):
Applicants must possess Senior School Certificate/General Certificate of Education i.e. WAEC, NECO/GCE O/O with 4 credits in one sitting or five credits in two sittings plus Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Accounting with basic computer skills as an added advantage.
For Assistant Executive Officers (Accounts):
Applicants must possess Senior School Certificate/General Certificate of Education i.e. WAEC, NECO/GCE O/O with 4 credits in one sitting or five credits in two sittings plus Ordinary National Diploma (OND) in Accounting with basic computer skills as an added advantage. Pounds to Naira
Read Also: Tescomjobs.lagosstate.gov.ng Portal | Lagos State Teachers Recruitment Portal: Login
The application process for TESCOM recruitment begins with registration where applicants are advised to follow the following instructions:
- Logon to TESCOM portal at tescom.jobportal.oyostate.gov.ng
- Fill in the required data in the spaces provided
- Create an account
- Login to the account you have created to continue with the application process
TESCOM Recruitment Form
The TESCOM recruitment exercise for 2020 is currently closed and interested persons and apply through the guidelines below:
Tips to Successful TESCOM Application Process
The first and foremost way to succeed in any application exercise is to adhere to instructions strictly. Thus, the application of the following additional tips will guarantee you success in the TESCOM application process:
- Provide consistent and corresponding information
- Prepare well for the written examination
- Avoid multiple application
- Go through the application exercise yourself
- Stay updated to new developments Pounds to Naira
Read Also: NSCDC Recruitment Application Form Portal | www.nscdc.gov.ng
The Oyo State Post-primary school Teaching Commission, TESCOM jobs are open to indigenes of the state with relevant qualifications. But possession of qualifications alone is not enough to secure employment with TESCOM. It is more about getting the right information about the TESCOM jobs at the right time and knowing enough about the recruitment processes, requirements, and the application guide and success tips which we have taken time to provide in the above article. Dollar to Naira Rate
Knowing and applying the guidelines above means an increase in your chances of getting the TESCOM job. Goodluck.
👍Advertise your business on InfoGuideNigeria.com!
From just N4,999 per month, you can advertise your products and services to over 1,500,000 users on our website. Click here to read more.
Information is Power!
Don’t miss any valuable information or opportunity that can change your life, business, and family positively and permanently.
Click Here to Join our Google Group
For Latest updates on News, Jobs & Business Ideas, and Opportunities.
Contents on this website may not be republished, reproduced, or redistributed either in whole or in part without due permission or acknowledgment.
Proper acknowledgment includes, but not limited to (a) LINK BACK TO THE ARTICLE in the case of re-publication on online media, (b) Proper referencing in the case of usage in research, magazine, brochure, or academic purposes,.
All contents are protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
The images, except where otherwise indicated, are taken directly from the web, if some images were inserted by mistake violating the copyright, please contact the administrator for immediate removal.
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content & believe your copyright was violated or infringed, please contact us for immediate removal.
Leave a Reply